can we treat a person if he is not willing to go to psychiatrist. My father has been drinking for years now. Moreover, keeps cribbing about small things. He is unemployed and sits at home and always after my mother’s life for not giving her tea/diner etc on time. If he gets a missed call, he suspects it is from my mos family and they are doing this to tease him. But he doesn’t agree to go to psychiatrist?? What shall we do?

Ya, you can surely consult a psychiatrist in his absence and seek the guidance from him about what you should do. This is a quiet common scenario in psychiatrist’s practice so do not hesitate to go to them without patient.